Known as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” we are seeking an Environmental Planning Practice Builder to join and lead our team in San Jose or Oakland, CA.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and create a vision for growth for an environmental planning practice in the Bay Area and surrounding communities. We are seeking a leader with background in business development, managing relationships with clients, supporting and leading environmental planning projects, and leading and mentoring team members.
Markets are not limited by geography but driven by relationships. Leadership responsibilities include: operating with integrity and sound business principals, providing practice vision, business planning and strategy, establishing goals, building and maintaining positive client relationships, open communication with partners and team, along with growing and directing an environmental planning practice.
The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of a performance-based work environment that can advance to ownership.
• Bachelors Degree in a related field
• 15 or more years of experience managing environmental projects in Northern California with a demonstrated ability to manage those projects profitably
• Client contacts and relationships with local municipalities, county, regional and state agencies
• Business development and marketing experience including experience writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
• Experience leading, mentoring and managing staff in a positive manner
• Ability to cross sell multiple disciplines