At Kimley-Horn, one of the nation's premier planning and design consultants, our professionals are experts in many disciplines yet share one passion: making our clients successful. Looking for a terrific place to build your career?
Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, and reliable professionals. We are looking for a Senior Transportation Engineer or Planner to lead our Transportation Planning and Traffic Operations team in Princeton, NJ.
The Senior Project Manager/ Practice Builder will have an entrepreneurial spirit, creating a vision for growth in their personal practice while contributing to the growth of our transportation engineering practice in Princeton, the state of New Jersey, and places beyond. You will assist in marketing and business development efforts with our existing local municipal, state, and private clients, while delivering a wide variety of transportation planning, traffic engineering, roadway, and/or ITS-related projects with our growing team of transportation professionals. Beyond serving our existing clients, you will have the ability to pursue your own passions, leads, and clients.
Our Senior Project Managers manage their projects profitably, engage in practice and delivery of projects, transition work to qualified staff, and act as a positive leader and mentor. The successful candidate will be given a great deal of autonomy to lead, direct, and grow their business. With success, this individual will enjoy Kimley-Horn's excellent benefits including our exceptional bonus program, 401k contribution with up to 8-percent company match plus additional profit sharing and the potential to advance to ownership.
- Well-rounded experience base in transportation engineering including transportation planning, traffic operations, and/or roadway engineering.
- Extensive experience managing client contacts and relationships with NJDOT, NJ Turnpike, NJ counties and municipalities, local and federal agencies, and/or private businesses and developers.
- Provide high quality deliverables with exceptional client service
- Registered engineer with at least 15 years of diversified experience in as a Transportation Engineer
- A desire to lead and grow a transportation engineering practice
- Business development and marketing experience including; writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.