- Minimum experience of 10 years of progressive bridge design experience
- Have a BS (MS preferred) from an ABET accredited university in the field of Civil/Structural Engineering;
- Strong communication, leadership and technical skills necessary to lead a team of Structural Engineers and CADD Technicians in production to meet client goals
- Evident background in the development of plans, specifications and estimates for design of new, replacement and rehabilitation of highway bridges, including analysis, design calculations, plan production, material specification and quality control, bridge inspection experience is a plus
- Seismic design experience is preferred.
- Design of pile and drilled shaft supported foundation systems a plus.
- Must possess a Professional Engineer license in Columbus or be able to obtain within 6 months through reciprocity
- Experience utilizing software programs for general structural analysis, as well as, the design of superstructure and substructure components
We are a full-service consulting firm that provides a wide range of infrastructure and land development planning and engineering services to both public and private clients. Though we have more than 5,000 employees in over 90 offices, we pride ourselves on our small company feel.
Our commitment to quality is only as good as the people behind it—that’s why we recruit passionate, hardworking, and proactive employees. By joining Kimley-Horn, you’ll be joining a firm whose core values and core purpose are more than just words on paper—they form the basis of a culture that has yielded success since 1967. Ranked as one of Fortune Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. prides itself on hiring high-achieving, dedicated, and reliable professionals. Kimley-Horn has a challenging and rewarding opportunity for a motivated JOB TITLE to join our team in our Columbus, OH office.
Below is a list of Benefits Provided by Kimley-Horn:
- Retirement contributions include a 2-to-1 401(k) match on the first 4% and a discretionary profit-sharing contribution
- Profit sharing in 2020 was 10%, leading to an employer contribution of 18%*
- Performance Based Bonus Compensation
- Health Savings Account – Company paid HSA contribution
- Medical Insurance - Insurance that includes a zero dollars per month premium option
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off – Varies based on experience and classification
- Tuition reimbursement
- Back-up Childcare - Company-paid back-up childcare
- Employee referral program for bringing great people to the firm
- New Parent Leave
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Group Term Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health Advocate
- Financial Advisors
- Dependent Care FSA
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Applicants must be legally authorized to work for Kimley-Horn in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. We do not typically sponsor H1-B or any other work visa petitions.