Kimley-Horn is seeking a Practice Builder / Senior Project Manager to grow and lead a roadway practice in Virginia Beach, VA and the surrounding area.
This position is responsible for complex engineering design tasks as well as marketing, business development, client contact, and the growth of the roadway design practice in the Hampton Roads area. Additional activities include managing the design and delivery of projects profitably while being actively involved in design issues and troubleshooting. Management responsibilities include but are not limited to: writing proposals, participating and/or leading interviews, performing contract negotiations, project work planning, coordinating with other project managers, supervising the execution of work, transitioning work to qualified staff, growing and mentoring staff, and acting as a positive role model. With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of performance based bonus incentives with the opportunity to advance to ownership.
• Bachelors Degree
• Licensed Civil Engineer in Virginia
• Track record of successfully winning and delivering work in the Hampton Roads area
• Knowledge and experience with the full life cycle of roadway projects from studies to environmental to final design packages and general knowledge of construction
• Extensive knowledge of geometric design, horizontal and vertical alignment, grading, drainage, utility, or other related design issues
• Established relationships with VDOT, local agencies, and/or local municipalities
• 15 years plus experience in civil design of local roadways, urban freeways and/or interchanges
• Demonstrated ability to manage roadway projects profitably through agencies and VDOT specifications
• Experience writing proposals, scopes of work, and budgets for projected work
• Understanding of alternative delivery methods (Design-Build)
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage staff, and direct resources effectively with a positive impact