Kimley-Horn, one of FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For,” is looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Core Values and Core Purpose. The Virginia Beach, VA office of Kimley-Horn is seeking an experienced PE to join our surface water hydrology & hydraulics team in Virginia Beach, VA! This individual will provide surface water resources support to the disciplines within our Virginia Beach office (land development, transportation, aviation, environmental, water/sewer) and throughout Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina on a wide range of projects in addition to pursuing opportunities for surface water resources-led projects throughout the Virginia and North Carolina area. Likely project areas will include surface water resources support on various engineering projects (i.e. land development, roadway, utilities, and aviation) and leadership in the development of stormwater master plans, while leading tasks utilizing GIS, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, stormwater planning, storm drain and BMP design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership on the development of project/task scopes of work and budgets for new engagements, including recommended allocation of firm assets to complete assignments on time and on budget
- Manage and mentor project staff responsible for technical execution of project assignments to ensure timely delivery of assigned work
- Serve as primary point of contact for client staff in the execution/delivery of project/task assignments
- Track deliverable development, project/task budget, and provide project/task status tracking updates for clients
- Assist company leadership with business development activities, including potential client/opportunity recognition, strategic teaming, proposal construction, and oral presentations
- Provide technical/design leadership for stormwater system assessment and design projects
- Provide technical / design leadership for watershed master planning / modelling
- Support hydrologic and hydraulic analyses to investigate storm drainage issues, localized flooding, watershed restoration, dam safety analyses, and support stormwater management designs
- Prepare engineering and construction cost estimates
- Provide technical oversight / mentorship of junior staff
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering with equivalent work experience and professional registration (P.E.) in Virginia, or ability to receive a Virginia P.E. Registration within 90 days of employment
- 6+ years of experience in civil engineering related to stormwater management
- Expert experience with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling (H&H), stormwater planning, storm drain and BMP design
- Strong technical writing skills, including drainage studies, CLOMR/LOMR, and Master Plans
- Understanding of principles of resiliency in the planning and implementation of stormwater infrastructure projects in preparation for rising sea levels and increases in rainfall intensity and duration
- Business development experience including client engagement, participating in interviews, marketing, developing scopes of work, and budgeting.
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others
- Working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software. (Civil 3D preferred)
- Knowledge of PCSWMM, HEC-RAS, and ArcGIS software preferred
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer excellent benefits, including 401K and profit sharing, an impressive incentive bonus program, and the opportunity to advance your career with an industry leader. Learn more about us at: https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/vOESCZ6Rx3uMn9NKiJ_UyL?domain=kimley-horn.com