We are seeking interested candidates to perform roadway drainage engineering and project management tasks for large and small scale transportation projects.
The candidate will develop concepts, preliminary engineering and final design for projects including, but not limited to modeling, design sections, grading design, drainage, and construction details.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• P.E. License • 10+ years of experience with roadway/highway drainage design
• Municipal roadway drainage design experience required, VDOT experience desirable
• Working knowledge of AASHTO, MUTCD, local agency and VDOT design standards and specifications
• Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external partners including clients, sub consultants, and utility companies
• Experience preparing final design plans, specifications and construction cost estimates
• Good problem solving and technical writing skills
• Proficiency with Microstation drafting and design experience required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel Desired
• Mike Urban (Mike 21) and/or SWMM experience